2018 Ford Mustang Weight Reduction Kit
Our showroom is finally open to the public as of July 5th, 2021.
We will be open every Saturday starting July 10th, 2021, with exceptions of long weekends for local pickups.
Check out this new Weight Reduction kit from The Mustang Shop!
Reducing the weight in your pony can increase the gas mileage by 1-2% per 100lbs and increase 1/4 miles times by 1/10th of a second.
This kit includes:
- Dry Carbon Fiber Doors- 11.8lbs Each
- Dry Carbon Fiber Trunk Lid- 9.2lbs
- Carbon Fiber 1 Piece Driveshaft- 30lbs
- Carbon Fiber Fenders- GT350 Syle
- Carbon Fiber Rear Seat Delete
Dry Carbon doors for 2015-2019 Ford Mustang
- Includes pair of doors
- Doors for off-highway/racing use only
- Doors include locations for most all factory hardware
- Dry carbon products are matte finish
- Mounts with OE hardware
- Hand crafted; approximate weight 11.8 lbs. each
Type-OE dry carbon fiber decklid for 2015-2019 Ford Mustang
- All dry carbon products are matte finish
- Mounts with OE hardware
- Does not fit convertible model
- We do not recommend installing or re-installing wings or spoilers; wings and spoilers create down-force which will cause damage to the carbon fiber.
- Hand crafted; approximate weight 9.2 lbs.
Type-GR (GT350 Style) carbon fiber fenders for 2018 - 2019 Ford Mustang (0.4inch wider).
- MADE TO FIT 2018 MUSTANG V6, ECOBOOST AND GT MODELS (DOES NOT FIT THE SHELBY GT350 OR GT350R)
- FITS WITH STOCK 2018 FRONT BUMPER
- INCLUDES CARBON FIBER VENT INSERTS (PAIR)
- MOUNTING TABS MAY REQUIRE MODIFICATIONS FOR CORRECT FITMENT; MINOR ADJUSTMENTS MAY BE NECESSARY AS PART OF THE NORMAL INSTALLATION PROCESS
Rear Seat Delete
Carbon fiber rear seat delete for 2015-2018 Ford Mustang
- Replaces rear seat - 2 pieces
- Not intended for passengers
- Many mustang owners never use their rear seats. This is where dead weight can be cut. Just loosing the rear seats can free up to 50 pounds.
* The rear seat deletes will not support any weight whatsoever.
These 3.25” carbon fiber driveshaft is now available now for the 2018+ Mustang GT. This shaft comes with a 300m stub system mounted into a billet aluminum plate to ensure not only strength but lighter weight than the normal way of doing this type of end. The shaft only weighs 30 lbs and comes with special grade 12.9 uber strength hardware with back up lock nuts to ensure no loose bolts. The Driveshaft Shop has been using this billet aluminum style plate for over 10 years
- One of the greatest benefits of switching to this type of driveshaft is that it is reducing rotating mass, which means your engine doesn't have to work as hard to send power to the rear wheels. You reduce the drivetrain loss of power that you experience when sending power from the crankshaft to the wheels.
Please Note - Emergency brake cable bracket clearance/ relocation may be necessary. Failure to check this clearance may damage the driveshaft and void the warranty.
Also Found in: