R3 Classic Series Body Shells 1965-1970 Ford Mustang
Summer Hours are Back! We are back to 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM Mon-Fri, & OPEN Saturdays 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM, except for long weekends.
1964 to 1973 Mustang
- Gift Ideas & Accessories
- Aftermarket Seats
- Billet Accessories
- Body Parts And Sheet Metal
- Body Shells
- Books/Literature/CD ROM
- Convertible Parts
- Door, Engine and Axle Tags
- Door Parts
- Driveshafts, U joints, and Related Parts
- Fuel and Intake
- Glass and Frames
- Grill Corrals, Bars, Ornaments and Emblems
- Heater/Air Conditioning
- Lock Parts
- Money Saving Kits
- Paint and Restoration Supplies
- Rubber / Weatherstripping
- Sound and Heat Insulation
- Steering / Suspension
- Stripe Kits And Paint Stencils
- Superchargers and Accessories
- Transmission And Clutch
- Trunk Area Parts
- Wheels And Related Parts
- Windshield Washer and Wiper Parts
Build Platforms available: 1965-1970 Ford Mustang Fastback and Convertible
As the classic car supply base diminishes, the demand and value of these American icons continue to rise.
R3’s Official Ford Licensed replacement body shells are the perfect foundation for your rusted, rotted or clone project. We have many options to choose from.
- Doors, Deck Lid, and Quarter Extensions
- Serialized Data Plate and Manufacturer’s Certificate of Origin (MCO)
- 36-Month Limited Warranty
Don’t take our word for it, check out this interview from SEMA 2017 to see what Ford has to say about R3 and our products
R3’s Quality-Control Procedure:
- Step 1: All panels are inspected for damage, stamping and weld imperfections prior to starting the assembly.
- Step 2: Once assembly begins, R3 Performance Products assembly sheets are referred to in order to ensure that all spot welds are consistent in both measurement and placement.
- Step 3: Multiple custom-built jigs are used throughout assembly to ensure that alignment is proper and that all panels fit according to original factory specifications.
- Step 4: Jigs are also used to ensure that all mounting points are the same as the original factory specifications, including seat brackets, window placement and all interior components.
- Step 5: After the assembly process has been completed, the skeleton structure is then moved to the final inspection station. Here the new skeleton is checked to ensure that all quality control steps have been completed, all welds and placements meet and are consistent with assembly sheets, and the product meets all other standards and is ready for shipment to the customer.
- Step 6: These quality control steps are said to be the most stringent in the industry.
A key point is that unlike its competition, R3 offers customization direct from its facility. Opportunities are endless, but a few examples include complete powder coating instead of the standard premier finish, or bedliner spray-on material added to the underside and backside panels. The rear wheelwells can be tubbed during assembly, and R3 also offers wheel tubs that are designed to work in conjunction with a rear seat. While there are some things that R3 does not do, customers are encouraged to ask about additional customization options.
R3PP spent about $1.3M in research, development and designing our own state of the art jigs. Multiple custom-built jigs are used throughout assembly to ensure that alignment is proper, and all panels fit according to original factory specifications. These jigs not only improve manufacturing quality, they insure that our OFL mustang body shells are built to spec every time. In addition to our plug weld process, we also stitch weld our body shells in multiple high-stress connection points. R3’s weld process produces a body shell that is more rigid than an original OEM. After the assembly process has been completed, the brand-new body shell is moved to the final inspection station. We check to ensure all quality control steps have been completed. We inspect all weld placements and penetration to be consistent with the R3 assembly manuals. These quality control steps are the most stringent in the industry. This is the R3 difference that sells itself. Simply put, we build a better and stronger product than our competition. At R3PP we believe our quality of parts, innovative design and attention to detail set us apart from our competitors. Unlike our competitors, R3PP offers customization direct from the facility. Opportunities are endless. R3 offers several options for every build platform.
R3 has many exciting things in store for the future, but for right now they are focused on their body shells, suspension, and parts center.
Crating and dropping shipping charges are extra, not included in the price
Also Found in: