1987-1993 Ford Mustang GT/Cobra 5.0 Foxbody Single Turbo System
Our showroom is now open but we are limiting to 4 customers in the showroom at a time. Masks are required
1979 to 1993 Mustang
- Gift Ideas & Accessories
- Accessories and Accents
- Body Parts and Sheet Metal
- Books and Manuals
- Cooling System
- Custom Tuning and Calibration
- Engine 5.0L/5.8L
- Fire Suppression System
- Fuel System
- Heat and Air Conditioning
- Locks and Lock Sets
- Sound and Heat Insulation
- Stripe Kits and Decals
- Suspension and Steering
- Transmission And Differential
- Trunk Area Parts
- Weatherstripping and Rubber Parts
- Wheel and Tire
- Windshield Wiper and Washer Parts
Hard to believe that On 3 have been selling this system now for 10 years and helping so many foxbody builders cost effectively turbocharge their projects. This is the first kit they brought to market all the way back in 2007. Its been a great performing system and proven itself over the years with numerous On 3 Fox customers dipping into the 8’s in the 1/4 mile. That is more of the radical side of things and we have majority of cars to the other side of the spectrum. Most of the cars we are accommodating to is the stock block 5.0 which is going to handle on average 450-500rwhp max. A well put together car in this power range has the potential of being in the 10’s and a pretty serious street car with good manners. We have said this since day one and have put together what we think is the best horsepower per dollar modification you can do to your car. You can literally bolt this kit on and double the factory horsepower(Close to TRIPLE the torque). Most stock 5.0 motors will put down around 185 +/- rear wheel horsepower. The great thing about going with a turbo on your foxbody, you can dial the boost in according and have serious room to grow. Adjusting boost is as simple as turning the knob on the included boost controller.
Turbo Option Help: Our On 3 70mm included is a good turbo up to the 500~ rwhp range. Beyond that, we would then recommend either our On 3 76mm journal or ceramic ball bearing option(650-700rwhp max). If you have the supporting mods and plan to be in the 600-800rwhp range, your best option will be our On 3 7875.
Each Kit Includes:
- Turbo Headers and Crossover Tubing Constructed of Mild Steel and Stain Black Rust Prevention Coating
- Turbocharger – On 3 Performance, .70ar Coldside, .96ar Hotside, and T-4 Flanged Journal Bearing
- 3” 304 Stainless Steel Downpipe, V-band Connections, 16 Gauge
- 304 Stainless Steel Dump Tube
- 3” Intercooler, Inlet and Outlet – Bar and Plate Core
- 3” 304 Stainless Steel Intercooler Piping, Turbo to Throttle Body
- All Silicone Couplers (Black) Needed and Stainless Steel T-bolt Clamps
- On 3 Performance 44mm V-banded Wastegate (Black)
- On 3 Performance 50mm Blowoff Valve (Black)
- Blow-off Valve and Wastegate Flanges Installed and Welded
- 304 Stainless Steel Power Steering Cooler Line
- On 3 Performance Manual Boost Controller
- Oil Feed Kit With All Fittings – Stainless Braided Feed Line
- Oil Drain Kit With All Fittings
- Alternator Relocation Bracket kit
- Stainless Steel V-band Clamps REVISED 8mm Bolt Now
- Complete Fastener Kit With Gaskets
- Complete Instruction Package with Photo, Amazing We know!
* WE ARE EMAILED ON A DAILY BASIS ASKING IF P-HEADS ARE GOING TO BE A PROBLEM, THE ANSWER IS NO. YOU CAN RUN THE P HEADS WITH YOUR TURBO SYSTEM AND ITS NOT A PROBLEM. MOST PEOPLE COMMENT THAT THEY RUN A 90 DEGREE SPARK PLUG BOOT AND OTHER THAN THAT, YOUR GOOD TO GO ****
YOU NOW CAN RETAIN YOUR AIR CONDITIONING
They have made a few changes as well to their setup and although its tight, you can retain your A/C. It will involve you just tweaking the lines slightly coming out of the condenser with your hands. Then normally we will use a few wire ties to secure the lines all in place so we know they cannot come in contact with any of the hot parts.
On the streets, their shop car is an absolute animal with the On3 70mm kit installed. They are running 275/60/15 M/T drag radials on the car and it will blitz them 1-3 gear on the street with 7psi. As far as street drivability goes, it doesn’t change for the most part till you tip into the throttle. They did run it with just the open downpipe so it was loud, other than that the car ran and drove the same as it did before the install. With their turbo system installed you will retain the power steering but in order to fit the turbo and downpipe, the kit doesn’t make room for the Smog pump. So this kit is required to be used for off-road applications only.
The On 3 Performance 5.0 turbo system includes all the components to get your turbo kit on your car and ready to get it back up and running. As you will see from our photos, this kit bolts on to your car and was actually designed and tested by On 3 so they know the kit and they know it works. There is not another turbo company on the market that has a kit near their price, proven and come as complete as our system does.
Also Found in: