On 3 Single Turbo System - 1996-04 Mustang GT - 4.6 2v - Forward Facing
Due to the influx of the new Covid variant we will be going back to curbside pickup.
On 3 Performance is proud to release the newest 2nd generation Mustang GT 2v turbo system with forward facing headers. After almost a year of developing this new On3 turbo kit, they are stocked and ready to start shipping. On the same boost level we ran with the previous 1st generation kit, we picked up almost 30rwhp/50ft. lbs. mid-range. Most of this is due to the new design and being able to spool the turbo quicker. On 6psi, we are making full boost in the upper 2000rpm range, that’s around 700-800rpm quicker than before. There is nothing like turbocharged power on your modular 4.6 Mustang, bolt on and double the factory horsepower. We were able to run less boost on our 2v and make better torque numbers than a 99 Cobra running more boost on a centrifugal blower. We have been able to manage 12.13 @ 120mph on our car spinning fairly bad with a 2.0 60’. That trap speed is a clear indicator of a simple 11 second car
By designing a header that comes directly forward, we were able to eliminate about 4’+ of tubing pre-turbo. This also allowed us to route the tubing for the intercooler differently as well as the downpipe. So the ground clearance was improved as well, it was never an issue but why not improve it if we can? In order to drop weight with the kit, we also went to aluminum intercooler tubing over the stainless, this lost almost 15lbs from the 1st generation kit. Its also a shorter and more direct path which also has shown us the benefits. In addition to the turbo kit, we added a few other features to make the install easier and prevent issues down the road. We designed a laser cut intercooler bracket kit that is manufactured just down the road from our shop. While we were at it, we also had a turbo support cut that allows the weight of the turbo system to be tied back to the engine. This way the weight of the pre-turbo/turbo is supported by the bracket instead of the actual tubing.
Each of our turbo systems come with our On3 70mm turbocharger which is rated up to 700hp. Currently our 2v shop car has around 20,000 miles and 3 years of daily driving year-round. We have proven our turbos durability over time and if maintained and installed correctly, its unbeatable for the money.
Into the kit details, each header is constructed of 3mm wall mild steel which we have been proving over the last few years its durability on daily driven cars. From the headers to the turbo is 304 stainless and 304 stainless all the way from the turbo back. We also went to a slip fit downpipe instead of v-bands. This allows for more adjustment due to the lap bands which is really needed. There is movement in the way the turbo can sit so this allows the installer to be able to get a better fit. As mentioned before, the cold side now is made from aluminum instead of the stainless to drop weight. Not only that but it will also help with dissipating heat and will allow for slightly cooler iat’s. Each tube on our On 3 Performance cold side is bead rolled and uses t-bolt clamps for a perfect seal and to prevent blowing a coupler off under boost.
- Perfect fit for AUTOMATIC transmissions
- Retains factory accessories – Air conditioning and Power steering
- Quicker spooling
- Forward facing turbo headers
- Less exhaust connections pre-turbo
- Turbo support bracket/Intercooler brackets included
- Better fit on the SN body cars to clear coil packs
- More simple design to eliminate tubing
- Easier to install and adjust the kit
- Maximum ground clearance
Each kit includes:
- Forward facing headers (pr) – Mild Steel
- Merge pipes 304 stainless steel (2pcs)
- Downpipes ( From turbo to catback, includes merge to hook up to your catback: 3 pipes)
- Wastegate dump tube 304 stainless steel
- Each pipe coming off the manifolds pre-welded with o2 bungs
- Downpipe is pre-welded for a Wideband sensor
- Headers welded for both upstream o2 sensors
- Turbo to intercooler (Aluminum)
- Intercooler to throttle body (Aluminum)
Kit Component Breakdown
- On 3 Performance 70mm, .70ar cold/.96 hot T-4 Flanged
- On 3 Performance Laser Cut Turbo Support Bracket
- On 3 Performance 3” Core Bar and Plate Front Mount Intercooler
- Stainless Steel upper radiator hose (Relocated to clear the turbo)
- On 3 Performance 44mm V-Banded Wastegate (Black)
- Boost Controller
- On 3 Performance 50mm Blow-off Valve (Black)
- Custom CNC bent Stainless Steel power steering cooler line
- Complete Oil feed kit from block to turbo, includes all brass fittings needed
- Complete Oil drain kit from turbo to oil pan
- Custom CNC formed stainless steel power steering line
- On 3 Performance oil relocation kit
- All 4ply/5mm Black silicone couplers
- T-bolt clamps
- On 3 Performance stainless lap bands
- Extended length sway bar end links
- All Stainless Steel 2 ½” and 3” V-bands needed *New 8mm Bolt
- Hardware kit
- Detailed Instruction CD w/ Photos
We have shop cars with each of our kits on them and the mod motors respond to boost so well. They are so reliable and drivability doesn’t get much better. It’s a good feeling on a 90 degree day to put the windows up and crank the air conditioning to full blast. Whether sitting in traffic, cruising, no heat issues and still drives like stock. Without hesitation I would personally get in my car and drive it cross country, its been that reliable and we have proven it over the last 3 years.
Over the time we have sold our turbo systems, there are customers just at 700rwhp on stock heads and cams with our turbo system. A quick YouTube search will net you quite a few of these customers and physically see the cars in action.
In order to run the turbo system, you will need to run our turbo tubular suspension kit. Also there will be several upgrades you will need to make for fuel delivery and air.
- On 3 Performance 47# injectors
- On 3 Performance Fuel Pump Upgrade
- On 3 Performance Custom calibrated blow through mass air meter kit
We get a lot of questions about daily drivers and is that even possible. Well the owner of On 3 happened to daily drive the turbo 2v design car for a few years actually. It didn’t matter the conditions and this thing has gone strong since day one. Its still in use here and the stock engine LOVES boost. The car has never had an issue with temperatures, you can be driving mid summer and 100 degree day with the a/c on and perfectly fine. Or on the other side of the spectrum, a February blizzard and plowing the roads with the front bumper….poor car! This is no joke, the car was a true daily driver for years and this was from FEBRUARY 7, 2010. The car was built by us in ~2008 and still today, Feb 3, 2016, its being used by the owner of On 3 as a daily to test new upcoming product. The 2v engine is truly a pretty impressive machine with a good tune and not getting carried away with boost. This has always been kept to 6-8psi for street use
Also Found in: