On 3 Single Turbo System 1994-1995 Ford Mustang GT/Cobra SN95
After what seemed like forever in the design stage, we have our SN 5.0 94 – 95 Mustang 5.0 kit produced and ready to start shipping. After the success of many cars running the fox kit, quickest running 8.8x’s @150+mph, we knew we needed to get an application for the SN 5.0 platform. We have seen full interior cars that drive to and from the track run mid 9’s and stock bottom ends go into the deep 10’s. Not to mention our quickest customer down south, John clocking a 8.87 @153mph in his 363ci silver coupe. Amazing car tearing up the track with our system
The kit comes with our On3 70mm turbo which have proven itself over time on the shop cars and many of our customers cars. We currently have 13,000+ miles with the On 3 Performance 2v daily driven car and counting. The turbo will support up to 650rwhp on cars that are able to handle the power. Out of the box, we use a ~7psi spring in the gate and stock a range of spare springs you can view on our site if your looking for a higher base wastegate pressure. Now we include standard with all turbo systems an On3 Performance manual boost controller. That way you can dial in the boost from your base 7psi up to 14psi on the fly!
Back to the kit details, we built a set of forward facing headers and crossover that’s constructed of mild steel with a black high temp finish. Header primaries are 1 5/8″ and lead to the 2.5″ crossover that feeds to the turbo on the passenger side. The downpipe and intercooler tubing we used a 304 stainless, 2.5″ from compressor to the intercooler and stepped it up to 3″ from intercooler to the throttle body. The downpipe is also 304 stainless, 16 gauge and built in 2 sections allowing for more adjustability. Although the y-pipe to take you from downpipe to catback isn’t included, just as in the foxbody 5.0 kit. It has a built in Y-pipe section which allows for each installation of an electric cutout or simply just unbolt your blockoff plate to allow for better exhaust flow. Both headers are pre-welded with oxygen sensor bungs so you will still retain the left and right bank sensor for monitoring. Also we have the downpipe welded for a wideband sensor if you plan to run one.
Many of the SN 5.0 Mustang specific kits do not allow you to retain your ABS or will require you to move it and make new brake lines. We were able to snake the intercooler tubing though along with our turbo placement to avoid any of the relocation. ABS with our turbo system WILL NOT require any relocation and will be kept in place with all stock lines. If your car has A/C, you will be able to also keep that in place without having to remove it to clear the kit. Also we did keep the power steering on the mock up car so all creature comforts can be kept in the stock locations without having to move or relocate.
In order to finish off a full turbo kit installed, you are going to consider the following options from us. This would be a typical 500 or less HP build and exactly what we would pull to do the install here.
- Turbo Headers and Crossover Tubing Constructed of Mild Steel With a Black Rust Prevention Coating
- Turbocharger – On 3 Performance 70mm Compressor Wheel, .70ar Coldside, .96ar Hotside, and T-4 Flanged Journal Bearing
- 3” 304 Stainless Steel Downpipe, V-band Connections, 16 Gauge
- 304 Stainless Steel Wastegate Dump Tube
- 3” Intercooler, Inlet and Outlet – Bar and Plate Core
- Laser Cut Intercooler Support Bracket Kit
- 2.5” 304 Stainless Steel Intercooler Piping From Compressor to I/C, 3″ Turbo to Throttle Body
- All Silicone Couplers (Black) Needed and Stainless Steel T-bolt Clamps
- On 3 Performance 38mm Wastegate (Black)
- On 3 Performance 50mm Blowoff Valve (Black)
- Blow-off Valve and Wastegate Flanges Installed and Welded
- 304 Stainless Steel Power Steering Cooler Line
- On 3 Performance Manual Boost Controller
- Oil Feed Kit With All Fittings – Stainless Braided Feed Line
- Oil Drain Kit With All Fittings
- Stainless Steel V-band Clamps REVISED 8mm Bolt Now
- Complete Fastener Kit With Gaskets
- Complete Instruction Package with Photo, Amazing We know!
FAQ: Both headers are pre-welded with o2 bungs so that you can run your stock oxygen sensors. Many people email us about this and its not detailed in the photos but its taken care of by us and you dont have to worry about drilling and welding for your oxygen sensors!!!
In most cases, we have stock bottom end 5.0 cars that make around the 450-500rwhp reliably. Most know over the 500hp mark is when the stock block nearing its limit. Anything can happen when pushing the limits of the motor and tuning is a crucial part of the car and ensuring the longevity of the setup. If you were keeping it on the conservative side, 380-440rwhp is normally where most people will stay.
Key Kit Features
- 304 Stainless Steel Intercooler Piping and Downpipe
- V-band Connections On the Hotside
- Downpipe o2 Bung Welded for Wideband Use
- Bar and Plate Intercooler
- All Hardware For Each Component Supplied In The Kit – INCLUDED
- Neatly Packaged Hardware To Make Install As Easy As Possible
- Complete Instruction Packet w/ Photos Ask Any Other Seller For that!
Also Found in: